Wallenstein BX62 pto chipper on U900 unimog

ACUF

Hi everyone,

im aiming to operate my U900 in forestry duties. ive found a chipper by wallenstein of canada that will be a smaller 6" diameter capacity, and i know the U900 will have enough torque to handle it, but im curious about using the schmidt plate as a stationary mounting, or the MB power lift as an alternative. basically, im wondering if anyone overthere is fitting their U900's with front mounted chippers? and some feedback to chew on. cheers!

If you can use the schmidt plate (EU DIN plate) this will move the CoG of the chipper closer to the front axel, this will reduce the weight on the front axel as its not being transferred from the rear axel (seesaw effect around the front axle) witch will improve handling when unloaded.

If the chipper is a 3pt mount, then make a close fitting frame to fit on the schmidt plate that will take the 3pt pins to make a ridged fixing, you can then use chains to take the drive off the PTO to a reverser box then to the input for the chipper. This way you get it close fitting to the front but its still easy to take off with 3 pins to use on the rear or on another tractor etc

BX62-610S.png

BX62-62R.png

you can then use chains to take the drive off the PTO to a reverser box then to the input for the chipper.

ive located a pto reverser. from the pto on the unimog, it has one reversed shaft, and another regular shaft protruding from the other side of the little box. perhaps to be able to even operate some other option, but.. not really necessary.

i havent seen the chain driven reverser from the pto however.

thanks for the information. ps. do you have wallenstein over in the UK?

very agricultural.

-i like them compared to other outfits because they have a direct drive (no belts to replcace), and have 4 reversable knives.

do you have any presumptions on performance? my operation is to use most of my cuttings, or debris for biofuel, for heating homes in my area.

i usually only try to chip up smaller diameter limbs.

thanks for the reply.

Mm I don’t think they look to bad, they have a simplicity about them witch is not a bad thing :icon14:, they can be used at 540rpm & 1000rpm PTO speeds witch with 4 blades makes up to 4000 cuts per min.

How much are they? (in $US)

How much are they? (in $US)

my understanding is about $4000 or so, to include freight.

it then jumps up another $3000 or so, if you want the hydraulic feed.

the most popular outfit is the non-hydraulic feed, because it reportedly still has a very controlled feeding mechanism. -instead of the limb being ripped out of your hands, it takes it in smoothly somehow. perhaps a roller. ive still not seen one in person as of yet.

im also looking at blowing the chips out over the cab, and im told the power they are thrown is enough to make the distance.

thank you for the usefull :icon14:information!!