Elm and what to do with it

Shiny steve

On 17/04/2020 at 21:47, Squaredy said:

Well you might find someone down your way who will buy wholesale.  You can always advertise to individuals and you could find some regular purchasers, but as Mr RoughHewn said it can be a very long term process finding those customers.  And of course even when they do come along they often will want something you do not quite have!  I currently have around 100 tons of milled timber dry and drying, and yet I have only half the selection I would like.  Good luck whatever you do and let us have some pics - Elm if often very beautiful timber.

Thanks bud, I understand selling is a hard game, just seems better than fire wood. Sleepers and basic lumbers/ cladding seems like the easiest sell. 

Thanks bud, I understand selling is a hard game, just seems better than fire wood. Sleepers and basic lumbers/ cladding seems like the easiest sell. 

Dude no!
It's Elm!!!
Mill it into 2" boards.
Sleepers and cladding is madness!
Elm often sells itself.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...