Online foundation degree

Blakes 7

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

second year is leaf collection so get started early get to arboretum and dry then out i think it was 40 in all, also your online weekly tests your idents etc ithink you get 10 mins etc but there is no problem with taken 15-20min i did by accident on one and was told not to worry and found alot of people were doing it weekly as a matter of course

second year is leaf collection so get started early get to arboretum and dry then out i think it was 40 in all, also your online weekly tests your idents etc ithink you get 10 mins etc but there is no problem with taken 15-20min i did by accident on one and was told not to worry and found alot of people were doing it weekly as a matter of course

40 of their choice or yours?

its your choice as long as decidous and you need to group then by genus etc.

lol going to stick to my natives! as best i can! ive never done any of that specimen id stuff, i know all the trees i deal with usualy all that arboretum stuff will throw me off!

good learning curve though

i was reading nomenclature the other day, actualy laughed out loud on reading fagus sylvatica "purpureum" asplenifoilim!

Thanks for the replies, they are really helpful.

I have passed all but one of the tech cert exams, and am confident of passing the last one on resit.

Luckily I have no children so that is a bonus and have a HND in an unrelated science.

Oh BTS I am doing C&G CAD at the moment, what luck.

I think I could do it but was keen to get some idea on what course was like as I heard bad reports about the on line tech cert course.

My other option is to wait and see what replaces the Prof Dip Arb.

Thanks for the replies, they are really helpful.

I have passed all but one of the tech cert exams, and am confident of passing the last one on resit.

Luckily I have no children so that is a bonus and have a HND in an unrelated science.

Oh BTS I am doing C&G CAD at the moment, what luck.

I think I could do it but was keen to get some idea on what course was like as I heard bad reports about the on line tech cert course.

nah go for the degree mate if your already in schooling youll get it straight off the bat, as for CAD training how long is that Cand G? and whats it cost?

Im going to sit the tech cert exams for a laugh next year got any advice on the formats?

I havent experience of the online with Myerscough. I know some folk who have completed it however. I also hear some not so good press vis a vis the level of support for distance format students although I must admit, the comments in this thread are generally positive to my surprise!

It will be interesting to see what replaces the prof dip.....another prof dip maybe!!?:001_huh:

Are you aware that the prof dip ( reworked ) is ikely to be behind schedule? ( later than sept 2010 then )

For more info checkout Treelife webpages

Hamadryad, the CAD course I'm doing at the local college it is two hours a week for 34 weeks.

There are two assessments as well as on going assessment of your basic computer skills. The cost down here was £220.

The tech cert exams are split with written ones being done in the summer- not too bad if you know the syllabus.

And the autumn management exercises covering id, development, tree condition and woodland management.

The only external help I received for the whole course was the Tree Life prep course for the management exams, this is well worth the investment. The problem with the exercises is exam technique, the one section I failed was the one I was most confident about.

Bundle 2 the replacement for the prof dip I am hoping will be easier for external candidates as it is going to be unitised, therefore being awarded when you have a certain amount of units, although I'm not sure if this is the case.