V.T.A images

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Right I just love a bit of VTA, so post your best tree defects here!

heres a goodun to get it started, a torsional moment (twisting of the main stem)resulting in a fluted trunk due to star fracture in main stem (aposing 90degree cracks right through) the stresses are causing the tree to compensate for the defect, and causing the "pointy nosed rib" four ribs (the flutes) in this case, they spiral all the way up, its better in the flesh, the images being 2dimensional dont show it so good. Edited thanks to deans input!

love it!

597655260f520_newfungitoday148.jpg.9ea62f9bd73bf06ea7e4e4ca8754d247.jpg

Edited by Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I just love a bit of VTA, so post your best tree defects here!

heres a goodun to get it started, a torsional moment (twisting of the main stem)resulting in a fluted trunk due to star fracture in main stem (aposing 90degree cracks right through) love it!

Yes but why

Why did it have a fluted trunk

Yes but why

Why did it have a fluted trunk

the stresses are causing the tree to compensate for the defect, and causing the "pointy nosed rib" four ribs (the flutes) in this case, they spiral all the way up, its better in the flesh, the images being 2dimensional dont show it so good.

I know some one has asked before but you didn't answer, what is V.T.A . I searched and all i could find is Visitor Traffic Analyzer (VTA).

lol why would I be so dumb as to believe for one minute that people on here dont know what VTA stands for?

if i explain someone will pipe up about me giving unasked for lessons on basics!

you are pulling my leg? right?