Eggy Belch

BenC

Nice thread title mate.

This however is ringing some bells. Do you also get nausea feeling? If so you may have a dose of giardia (not sure of spelling) , I copped it in India from dodgy water.

I notice that you'e a kiwi. Giardia is present in some of the stream waters of Abel Tasman National Park, and I think in other places too. You can pick it up in NZ. Its an intestinal parrasite and although treatable, you never really get rid of it as it can lay dormant as eggs in the intestinal wall..

A souvenir I acquired from India as well - lovely experience ! Didn't know about the never getting rid of it though - are you sure thats correct?

There are cases throughout the world now, in Canada its known as ''Beaver fever'' (fnarr,fnarr) and there are cases reported in the UK.

I'm no expert s s steve but I used to get a bout of it about once a year for a good few years but haven't had it for 2 or 3 years now. Maybe its different in different cases. The drugs you get to wipe it out are pretty powerful, so maybe it gets all the little critters sometimes. Its just inconvenient as it can wipe you out completely for a week, which is always when youv'e got bills to pay.

Thinking about it, I have a screw embedded in a new tyre in the van, a battery dying from winter battery fever, and one or two other bits to pay for. Have the work to pay for it, but this is just the kind of time it would choose to strike. Fingers crossed.

Glad that you hopefully haven't got it Ben (sounds like your'e aware of it). Hope you get it sorted. Dr Brash will go back to being a tree doctor now

Edited by Albedo