NewSawChains.co.uk - anyone used them?

Marlin.45

Placed an order Tuesday lunchtime with http://www.NewSawChains.co.uk in Christchurch for a new bar and a few chains for the 044. Cust service guy e-mailed and texted back within the hour to say they would be out that day, and with me the next (Wednesday). Very prompt I thought and a good sign when dealing with a new Co.

Now I know it is the Xmas post so I expected a day or so delay. It is now Saturday and any sign of them....no.

What I should have done is drive down and pick up (20 miles from me) but their postage was reasonable (cheaper than fuel) and the promised delivery was fast. mmmmmm.

What I have to say is their prices are good and I hope they pull their finger out or that one point in their favour is worth nowt.

I am probably jumping the gun but has anyone else used them and what were your experiences?

Paul

Edited by Marlin.45

Cheers Quickthorn. Did it come via 1st class signed for, or Parcelfarce?

Their e-mail and text reply was spot on and a few queries I had re. the order were answered within 5 mins. Outstanding.

The order is probably lost in post somewhere (not that it helps me) but I need them either to cancel the order or get me the bits. Luckily I do not need them for any business that is hanging on it. Just want to get the rest of the 4ft Walnut ringed up before I go back to work after Christmas.

Log work keeps me warm. Working in the garage at the moment may result in my nuts freezing and dropping off ;)

Edited by Marlin.45

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I guys I just realised I had not updated this thread and just in case someone does a search and gets the wrong idea about NSC.

Well the new bar etc. arrived on the day before Xmas Eve via courier (I had paid for 1st class). The courier Co. had been stranded due to their parking lot freezing over? Anyway I don't blame NSC for it and everyone else was also having problems due to the weather and the time of year :001_smile:

Parts superb and a very good price.

Would I deal with them again......I already have. A week later the Husky 350 needed a new pair of chains, and I also splashed on a new Oregon bar (didn't need it). Christmas after all. Turned up in 24 hours! :thumbup:

http://www.newsawchains.co.uk/epages/es108227.sf

Cheers,

Paul