something for the sharper arbor!

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

With respect guys, it could mean that - but it doesn't say that. "It says that [Fungi provide] a communications interface for energy transfer from... living to dead...". Now we can infer another meaning but that is sympathy rather than practicality.

Granted, its a small point Paul, I never suggested anything otherwise. The problem with dense complicated language, is that often the content of the communication is lost. :)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A.R like James Lovelock does appear to be a big cheese.

I didn't understand much of your post Tony, and hold you in high regard by the way.

It seems to me, without understanding very much of all this academic speech, that what were talking about here is a kind of American Indian understanding of the world.

If so then I'm an Injun with some understanding of science and may give you a run for your money:001_smile:

Edited by Albedo
posted at same time again tony, just read your last one

the thing is "inclusional thinking" does not seek to be a death nell to traditional scientific study or method, it embraces it and co exists with it, even takes it in and "includes it"

gene theory has its role within inclusional thinking

it is a way of thinking, just another way of thinking, a way of eliminating the limiting constraints when the "singular" does not give the answer, it is a deeper more open, more receptive space where imaginations can run riot and result in a far more diverse exploration of possibility that the limited scope of distance, time and tunneled visions.

it is none elitist, embraces why encourages diversity, not just in life, but in mind, creativity, and concept.

it is a KEY, to unlock ones trained mind, to re capture the innocence and pure honest open minded receptive nature you had trained out of you as a child.

This may make it sound hippy or hedonistic, however, on saturday i got to meet a group of people that have found inclusionality through having naturaly this open minded receptive natures.

Not one person in this group had a frown, these where a diverse group of people of such warmth and empathy, such openess and receptiveness, so full of thought and ideas on deep profound levels that one could not fail to notice that being of an inclusional mind is a very different and receptive way of being. It is hard to explain, but these where the nicest warmest good natured people you could wish to meet.

i urge ANYONE here to come along to the next nature scope co enquiry to experiance inclusionality first hand, what have you to fear? One thing i can GARAUNTEE is that you will go away with a very different attitude towards this concept.

Granted, its a small point Paul, I never suggested anything otherwise. The problem with dense complicated language, is that often the content of the communication is lost. :)

I reckon that statement deserves a skyhuck (as I call it in my world):congrats:

Sooo, from what i've sat and read through over 11 pages and 104 posts is that, everything is interlinked and inter dependent on each other. nothing is ever created the building blocks are all simply recycled, everything has an equal place and there is no climax community / species?

is that about it?

that's my take on it. evolution is a stumbling mixing pot where the succesful adaptations and mutations survive (apart from the fat, useless and stupid, unless they're human).

Jamie

No Tony they do not, what they NEED that framework for is to prevent folk like you science dudes making a mockery of it because it has no basis in your BOXED IN perspectives, Alan is of the highest academic stature, and knows all too well the place of the old in giving birth to the new.

Guilty as charged. Us science dudes are legion. :D

Now, take a deep breath - noone is bullying Alan.

You'd be suprised how much I can see from my boxed in perspective.

Edited by Amelanchier

So, given such an open position - what happens when you try to include two or more incompatible ideas?

Presumably there are limits to what you intend to include, or is 2+2=6 fair game?

On science stuff, I've got a 1 in 10 chance. I'm not taking you on with de maths tho Tony.

like the triple etc, it may be named, still don't have one in my collection though, even though he agreed with me once:biggrin:

A.R like James Lovelock does appear to be a big cheese.

I didn't understand much of your post Tony, and hold you in high regard by the way.

It seems to me, without understanding very much of all this academic speech, that what were talking about here is a kind of American Indian understanding of the world.

If so then I'm an Injun with some understanding of science and may give you a run for your money:001_smile:

it is a bit more complex than that! i dont know how you expect me to condess this, i am trying sooooooo hard! enough for one night, but i will begin again tommorow, and maybe i can convince Alan to join in! Oh that would be so much fun!:thumbup: