the beauty of standing deadwood

sean

a beautiful natural fracture on oak......and great to see the local council getting into the spirit of leaving monoliths along public bridleways.:thumbup:

that must be an absolute hive of biodiverse buggy activity.

I know a bug man that would go ga ga over that one.

Which authority sean?

that must be an absolute hive of biodiverse buggy activity.

I know a bug man that would go ga ga over that one.

Which authority sean?

Falls under Ealing Council.......very small patch of wood with bridleway leading to open fields and cricket club consisting of old coppice stools......lots of young oaks and 4 or 5 tall mature oaks. Mad little place really. will post a few more pics up. I love these little patches dotted all over london.:001_smile:

I love these little patches dotted all over london.

Likewise :thumbup1: it was always one of the most pleasurable things I did on weekends in the 1980's wandering from pocket park to pocket park in the midst of dense urban development...

(The other of course also including wandering from location to location but these were places where the interest lay just on the other side of the bar (often a beautiful slab of timber itself:sneaky2:)

a few from Burnham beeches.......standing deadwood as well as its importance as habitat can also be very aesthetically pleasing to eye.

Cant see it in these images but that old oak with Laeti brown rot has a Rhodo growing out of the fork, wish someone would rip the toxic pest out of that soil garden.:thumbdown:

Cant see it in these images but that old oak with Laeti brown rot has a Rhodo growing out of the fork, wish someone would rip the toxic pest out of that soil garden.:thumbdown:

how can you not find pic one aesthetically pleasing to the eye.....look at those textures, the colours?:confused1:

Thank god for that.....thought for a moment you were batting for the other side!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Thank god for that.....thought for a moment you were batting for the other side!!:biggrin::biggrin:

ive just gone through hundreds of files looking for the shot to illustrate, still no joy, but I have been having a wonderful time seeing so many old photos!:001_cool:

I had not realised till today just how many images ive added to this forum, good job I dont have to pay per submission in here!:lol: