Lawyers

Dean Lofthouse

After my and my extended families experiences with Lawyers, I have come to the conclusion that IMO they prey on the vunerable and can only be described as proffensional extortionists.

This is of course just my opinion

My most recent experience was with the Cherry picker accident and the litegation that followed. I was charged £360 per hour for the main Solicitor and £180 per hour for his secretary. If I wanted to up the anti and employ a barrister That would have been £600 per hour plus the dreaded

I would like to know of anyone elses experiences and opinions.

But keep the thread nice and on an even keel please.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were to be un PC. If there is such thing as a second time around, I'll be back as a lady lawyer, your sat on a fortune and get paid a fortune to boot.

Yes, from every dealing that I've had with the legal team, wether it be divorce or conveyancing of a house, they charge way over the odds for prescious little risk of loosing any blood, sweat or tears. Even if you loose, they win.

My sister in law had no choice but to contest her brotherinlaws claim that he owned the building they had run their business from not them.

They had been business partners and fell out, they split everything then he came back and wanted more because he found out they didn't have their name on the deeds.

The appointed barrister syphoned off £30,000 from them, till they were skint and nearly lost there house then told them he would need another £20,000 to get somewhere near concluding the case.

They couldn't carry on obviously and are still no better off legally, the barrister got £30,000 for basically writing a load of letters.

i had a minor court case. afterwards i heard nothing. no invoices, till today, tehy sent me a letter to say that tehy had a new helpline:proud: i wont boast too much, i'd like to think that my little blessing goes some of teh way to righting the wrongs of their pricing

Jamie

What is really confusing is the no win no fee jobby.

The bloke that started to sue me for his injuries went on this. It was later explained to him AFTER he had started and couldn't back out again, that it meant, if it was no win he didn't have to pay his solicitors charges but he would have all my court costs to pay which would be around £30k