Tree being felled onto car

Benji MacNab

Makes me want to go back and re inspect all my road side stock :scared:

I found out today that a 25 year old van driver was killed by a falling tree two days ago in Whitburn, near Edinburgh. The tree was on the Main St and the van was a Mercedes Sprinter. It happened at 9 in the morning in high winds.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/scotland?articleid=3807371

I found out today that a 25 year old van driver was killed by a falling tree two days ago in Whitburn, near Edinburgh.QUOTE]

I hope that West Lothian have records of their Tree Inspections.

I wonder if the Tree was uprooted purely by the strength of the wind, or whether there were other primary causes of failure.

HSE state that there is a one in 20 million Risk of being killed by a falling tree in the UK.

Sadly Mr McDonald was very unlucky.

• 1 month later...

i passed said tree today, and have passed by it many times in the past.

at one time they was a line of 20 or so.....they have felled 14 or so up to that tree.unfortunately it fell but there still remains 4, cant see the reason for keeping them. in the interest of public safety they should be felled

g