What route to take?

Yarkshire91

Hello everyone new to the site, i am 26 looking for a new career path, i have a passion for working in the outdoors and becoming an arborist/tree surgeon has always appealed to me. have worked in the building trade for a while, have a good knowledge of health and safety and military experience, currently first aider at work and have good work ethnic. I am in a good position where full time education/course wouldn't be an issue.

Just wondering what path would be best to take? 

Full time education at college?

Get tickets and apply for groundsmen jobs? 

Apprenticeship? 

Edited by Yarkshire91

Thanks for the reply, if I was to take the full time education route, what would i be realisticly looking at applying for without any real experience once completed the course? Are employers generally employing people straight out of education or is it mainly experienced arborists.

1 hour ago, Yarkshire91 said:

Thanks for the reply, if I was to take the full time education route, what would i be realisticly looking at applying for without any real experience once completed the course? Are employers generally employing people straight out of education or is it mainly experienced arborists.

I think most employers at the moment would be happiest just to find someone who can pull their finger out of their butts and crack on with their work, thats the best skill you can have in this game

• Like 1