Jump to content

Sanding/buffing carvings

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

This is my first post as I don't get too much time to carve

When watching YouTube you see the carvings being buffed with something attached to a drill. Gives a nice finish!

Just wandering if anyone knows what it's called & where I could get one!



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi mate, think you probably mean a sand-o-flex. Its a sander that has lots of strands of abrasives used in a drill. You can burn the carving and then use the sand-o-flex, gives a nice finish...
they sell them herehttps://www.gustharts.com/machinery-c123/chainsaws-accessories-c142/carving-c311/sand-o-flex-p1399
Happy carving.
Thanks Charlie, sounds just what I was on about.... Gonna go buy one
Top forum

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Adverts


Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.