Level 2 certificate in arboriculture (abc or rfs)

Littlearb

Topper, I was literally just reading up on this!

I'm finding it very difficult to find anyone who trains and/or assesses AO1 (planting) and AO6 (Brushwood/chipper), at least within East Anglia. Do training companies do these but not with the AO* references?

The RFS pdf file (http://www.hccollege.co.uk/downloads/RFSsyllabus.pdf) says the certification end date is 31/08/10, so does that mean that they're changing the syllabus after that? That would mean that anyone starting now could have them change it before they finish?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that the r.f.s. is THEORY qualification, a very good one but you will do no practical work during the course at college, you need to top it up with extra c.s. and n.p.t.c. units to achieve the full award.

Been to St austell college today here in cornwall and they say that i can get the level 2 for free as i have no current level 2 awards apparently any adults who do not have any level 2 awards qualify for this??

Also said they would fund one of my cs/nptc units aswell, wish i knew that before i booked myself on a course!! :blushing:

They do Andy, it was more the planting course and assessment I was thinking about, but apparently one of my instructors does a bit of that too so I'll ask around!

Has anyone who took the distance learning course with HCC done it just with the course material, and not with the extra tuition? Just called HCC and it's £320 with four questions per lesson and feedback on your answers, or £160 for just the material. Figured I could probably ask for help on arbtalk :biggrin:

Hi to all thinking of doing the RFS cert Arb (aka ABC)

if you are looking for some of the moor unusual cources such as tree planting or cable bracing, plese get in touch, we are one of the last few centers in the uk running this training and have a cource planned for the new year.

cheers

kevin

• 2 months later...

Hi Littlearb,

there is also another option than home study or college study......I got a letter about RFS Certificate course from Billy Robb, it sounds good, he is doing a 3 weeks course I think he starts in the end of February, I heard about him, that he was teaching it in Newton Rigg College.......

Good Luck :-)

Hi Littlearb,

there is also another option than home study or college study......I got a letter about RFS Certificate course from Billy Robb, it sounds good, he is doing a 3 weeks course I think he starts in the end of February, I heard about him, that he was teaching it in Newton Rigg College.......

Good Luck :-)

Billy is a legend - the most knowledgeable chap I’ve ever met, plus he’s very down to earth and easy-going. I’d recommend him to anyone. :thumbup1: