My Dissertation...

pyro

Evening all

I'm currently writing, or attempting to write a dissertation on Phytophthora, I am unsure of the exact direction it will be going yet, i.e. a specific disease or a comparison between the most common etc etc.

Basically I’m just wondering if anyone has any ideas about a good title, or question. As the only ‘tree expert’ the Bishop Burton College had was fired last year so I’m a bit stuck for people to go too!

Also are there any journals out there that would be of use in this area? I have found a thread recently - Articles for ISA Arboriculture Journal – which is very useful; any title of books would also be most useful!

Many thanks folks,:thumbup:

Also if some one is breaking a series 3 land rover I will be interested in a few bits!:001_tongue:

Ben

How about....'Phytophora....fighting the enemy on the beeches....the aesculus, the maples.......'

'Phytophora....a microbial monster on the rampage?

I too was going to suggest subscription to the forestry journal, and with some digging youll find much on pathology online, with many U.S sites having some very good stuff, also there are at least two sites that sell research docs online, i will try to dig out some links when i get a bit more time. if you dont get them within a week in this thread PM me.

• 1 month later...

Hey all, many thanks so far! ive got my dissertation poster presentation this friday so got a fair bit to do!

one question - im sure ive read somewhere that a release of phytophthora ramorum has been granted to aid control of Rhoddy bushes? or was i imagining it? i cant seem to find it anywhere!

Ben

• 4 months later...

Well dissertation was handed in about 2 months ago now. From what ive heard if im lucky ill be on a 2:1 but im pretty well sorted on a 2:2.

cheers for the help guys and gals.

just need a job now! anybody....:up:

Ben