Kindling maker splitter attachment wanted

inthewoods

What cross section is the kindling to be? 25mm by 25mm?? If so you'll need a much thinner blade more of the thickness of your froe. I'd look at old leaf springs but don't know if they are weldable.

Yes they are weldable, at least Transit ones are - it's what I made my froe out of :001_smile:

Should be dirt cheap as well - mine came free with a transit back axle. If you were closer you would be welcome to the spare one and leftovers from mine. You just have to get it hot enough to straighten it and it saves a lot of grinding time if you can forge the front edge down.

Alec

Cheers for the input guys.

Staggered a bit like this

The first cutters seem to be constraining the wood too much, as a result rather than cleaving some fibres are being torn, Once split they should pull freely from the back without resistance from the side walls.

I do like the concept of only taking the bit of the wood that can be handled rather than the whole log at once.