farmi ch27

fergusonforestry

Hi Ferguson Forestry,

Could you please give our UK office a call on +44 (0)24 7746 1976 or please send us your details to contact you reference this machine. The new CH27 will take up to 11" diameter therefore we are keen to discuss the struggles you are having to get them resolved asap. Kind regards, Farmi Forest UK & Ireland.

is anyone else using one? CH27 | Farmi Forest if so what are your thoughts? so far i'm afraid to say I am hugely unimpressed[emoji107]a chipper that size should not struggle with 4" branches! unless it's poker straight logs (and even then regularly stops feeding) it doesn't want to know

Sounds blunt to me or something wrong with the hydraulic feed, possibly pressure relief valve is opening too soon so roles aren't getting enough pressure to pull stuff in, I've used 3 of these chippers and all been good strong feeders only been a bother occasionally on very fluffy conifers getting wrapped on top roler

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

Sounds blunt to me or something wrong with the hydraulic feed, possibly pressure relief valve is opening too soon so roles aren't getting enough pressure to pull stuff in, I've used 3 of these chippers and all been good strong feeders only been a bother occasionally on very fluffy conifers getting wrapped on top roler

she's brand new, will have a look at the hydraulics though cheers

Hi, we've just had one on trial for a week and it dealt with everything we chucked at it. Have you got the stress control set correctly? And what's your tractor?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

have tried the stress control in all settings got it on a valtra N123, find it hard to believe it could be that bad so there must be something up somewhere the suppliers basically knew nothing about it so a bit trial and error on our part

Hi Ferguson Forestry,

Could you please give our UK office a call on +44 (0)24 7746 1976 or please send us your details to contact you reference this machine. The new CH27 will take up to 11" diameter therefore we are keen to discuss the struggles you are having to get them resolved asap. Kind regards, Farmi Forest UK & Ireland.

our supervisor should be in contact soon to perhaps get someone out to go through setup and use properly with us as the supplier was not well versed with it at all, cheers :thumbup1:

she's brand new, will have a look at the hydraulics though cheers

have tried the stress control in all settings got it on a valtra N123, find it hard to believe it could be that bad so there must be something up somewhere the suppliers basically knew nothing about it so a bit trial and error on our part

our supervisor should be in contact soon to perhaps get someone out to go through setup and use properly with us as the supplier was not well versed with it at all, cheers :thumbup1:

Is it internal hydraulic system or plug into tractor?

If it has its own pump start by checking belts are tight and not slipping and check fluid levels as well.

I guess you are running it in 1000 pto.... what I used to do was con the stress control a bit by revving up to about 950 getting out and press the button to set the control box then take the tractor up to 1000 which gave it a little larger operating area, we we re using 160hp mind but your 120ish should be no problem as I used 1 on a 100hp mog for a while with no problems.

The other thing we found was with particular crooked bits if you fed them in at the left side of the roler so the curve was on the shape of a c as you looked at it it would feed in easier than the opposite was because of the shape of the space behind the roles.

Like every machine little things can make a big difference keep us informed as I keep thinking about getting another 1.

• Like 1