Log Splitter

Dean Lofthouse

Does anyone have experience of these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-WAY-LOG-SPLITTER-12-TONS-FROM-BENYE_W0QQitemZ270025455058QQihZ017QQcategoryZ20538QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Benye doesn't really float my boat, but I am after a log splitter more or less the same as this one.

The knife has to be on the end of the bar and not on the ram simply because if the log doesn't part properly you can just send another through to push it out.

It also has to have the option of 4 way splitting with adjustable height.

The Benye one is fixed 4 way and fixed height.

I've been trawling the internet but haven't found anything as yet, does anyone know of one or should I wait till Cirencester or the APF to look round.

Have toyed with the idea of making one but it's the adjustable knife that would be hard to do.

I've seen one in action but same as your mates, it had the single knife. I rekon it would be a massive increase in speed if it had the adjustable four way.

I have one of those Hydrocuts, nice splitter, but can grab and catch you out, far too slow for commercail use though, mind numbing in fact.

Benye is chinese built, for what its worth. Seems good value. A (quality) 4" Ib ram is the best part of £500, so not sure what the quality of Ram on that will be like... I can purpose build you one with 2,4 and 6 way split if you'd like.

Would you be able to do intrechangable 2 or 4 way and make them height adjustable and what sort of money.

Have seen some brand new decent rams (jcb etc) going on ebay cheap

What you get is a set of interchangeable rams, single blade with drop on 2 and 4 way split.

JCB rams are made in India. We never use a secondhand Ram, unless you bring one to us. Trouble is, you have to re seal them, hone the bore's, etc etc. Better to just buy high quality in the first place.

Not here. We've only built a few for customers who want them. There is so much cheap chinese and russian stuff for sale its hard to compete.

I started by selling these, http://www.timberwolfcorp.com/log_splitters/

But the shipping costs ruin it, so now we build our own.

This is probably the best money can buy -

http://www.timberwolfcorp.com/log_splitters/default.asp?id=13