Scottish power interview

Ian150482

Hello mate,

The interview is when someone from scottish power decides what level of authorisation you will get.

Up until a week ago someone with no experience of powerline work would have been given the authorisation WI,ps, This is working isolated under personal supervision, but something has happened to change that in our company and for our subies, it is now neccasary to have at least WI 1 (working isolated with an accompanying person) to be allowed on site.

They will probably tell you more when you go.

In the interview they will ask you about the things you've learnt on your courses, live zones, vicinity zones, which trees you can cut live and which are shutdowns and the different methods of safely taking down and pruning trees, the type of questions they ask will be relevant to your ability and experience, so long as you know the distances you'll be fine.

Ah right, cool. Just with all the other coarses you have the questions and answers so you know what questions they will ask,and what there looking for (if you know what i mean)

I know my distances and that so hopefully i'll be ok.

Any idea of how long it will take?

Incidentally Ian, who are you going to work for? A couple of the lads I work with are from Mach

is that with west coast Owen? I see that crew quite a bit around Mach, mainly in co-op car park.:001_smile:

I'll be working along with Ed and his crew, i've only just got in with doing power line work, so think it'll be a change. I'll let you knowhow i get on with interview, hopefully wont be too intense, and partof the pressure is off since he'll be interviewing us all together. I'll just hide behind the rest of them, let Ed answer all the questions.:001_smile:

Yes mate, wce network services, I live in caernarfon and work out of our yard in Dolgellau so I'll probably see you around sometime, good luck with the interview!

Ed, I was talking to our tree co-ordinator from scottish power today and it seems that they are still issuing WI-PS, the autherisation issue was something that just affected our company.