Converting PTO powered Log Splitter to electric

1974mj

We have a PTO powered 28 ton log splitter which is currently being powered by our tractor, however I'm looking to free the tractor up and being as all processing now takes place in the barn I'm wondering wether it can be converted to run on 3 phase electric, does anyone know of any companies around that can convert it?

There are electric motors out there with a 6 spline pto adapters (may need to be geared down pending). You probably only need about 10 or 15 hp.

You can get motors that run at 500 rpm. Not sure if spline drive is an option for them but if it was then it would make it a simple job. Worth enquiring I would have thought.

Simpler to buy a 3 phase hydraulic power pack and plumb it up than messing around with a direct drive /gearbox electric motor................

on second thoughts might be cheaper to buy a second smaller tractor...............