Zetor Compact Hydraulic Question

mk1mad

Been browsing here for a while now & finally joined!!

Can anyone help me with the hydraulics on a zetor compact tractor I inherited recently? It came with no manual so it's been a bit of trial & error so far, however want to use it to power my log splitter (homemade out of h beams, a double acting forklift ram & controls) as I think it'll be more efficient than the 7810.

Anyway my question is, does anyone who the standard hydraulic layout for these tractors?

There are three spool valves inside the tractor, one for the rear 3 point linkage(single acting up & down), one for valves at both the front & back (spares at the moment. But appear to be single acting up&down/in&out) and one which is connected to the front linkage at the moment, this one appears to have a continual setting as when you push the lever further down you can feel it almost lock into place, which I presume would be used for a front loader or similar, however I'm not brave enough to plug the splitter into it incase I cook the tractor pump or pop something on splitter!

Does anyone know if this is a continual setting & if I can plumb the splitter into these valves? Would be ok if I could find a separate return to tank but I can't see one anywhere & don't fancy just opening tank cap & having return wedged into top.

Even a link to a operators manual in English would be great as I can only find Czech ones online!

Sorry for the novel & thanks for your help!!

You will only cook the pump if it is straining- ie the hydraulic fluid cannot continue round the system- you will hear the pump straining if this is the case. if the fluid is just going round the system (or log splitter in your case) then there is no problem. I used to run post knockers off Zetors and used to simply hold one of the levers back with a bungee cord so i could get out of the tractor to operate the post knocker.

If its an old zetor, you may be bitterly dissapointed with the hydraulic pressure though and your best bet (as i ended up doing) is to run the log slitter off a PTO powered pump.

Thanks a lot for that, you've confirmed what my initial thoughts were, i had toyed with the idea of doing exactly what you suggest - bungying one of the rear valves open & controlling splitter from outside, just wasn't sure if I'd damage the pump doing that. Will do some tracing of which spool controls which valve tomorrow & plumb the splitter in.

It's a late 90's (I think) zetor mt8-050 4wd compact a massive 23hp!! I know it won't be as powerful as the 7810 but will hopefully be more economical. Will let you know how I get on splitting tomorrow.