MS200 T carb pic and question

wicklamulla

this very small piece of the carb (i'm pointing to it with the small screwdriver) fell out today when i was cleaning it in a bid to get my feckin' saw to start (i failed and gave up) i placed it back in situ but wondered what that small piece actually does as it seems to cover some tiny holes/jets ?

022.jpg

Thats a welch plug, it covers the low speed jets, if it leaks you will get an uneven idle and it should be a tight fit in the hole. if it leaks really badly, the saw won't start.

Put a little superglue around it. trying not to get it on the jets and then work in a little more around the plug. any leakage is bad news and is a common issue on all types of carbs with these oval plugs!

Thats a welch plug, it covers the low speed jets, if it leaks you will get an uneven idle and it should be a tight fit in the hole. if it leaks really badly, the saw won't start.

Put a little superglue around it. trying not to get it on the jets and then work in a little more around the plug. any leakage is bad news and is a common issue on all types of carbs with these oval plugs!

ahhh that cud explain alot. Ignore my PM for the moment and oil strip the carb again :thumbup: