Husky 550 no fast idle

Andyhope1977

Evening.. Ive 550xp. It runs well and I cant fault it. But do love my 254 more.

The 550 has a issue..I can use the full choke setting. No problems. When it comes to "push up then click down for a bit of high idle" it does not engage. Also its need for the hot start procedure. I can "unprofessionaly'" feather the throttle and yoyo start it. Not the best way if the boss is mooching about. Do any of you gurus have any experience with this.. Ive stripped it. Cleaned and oiled the working parts. Ordered a new red switch thingy. Any help would be great. Cheers

Sent from my A0001 using Arbtalk mobile app

There is a plastic catch on the end of the choke valve rod and this catches on a plastic cam on the end of the throttle valve rod.

Page "N" and numbers 5 & 13 are the latching mechanism - http://www.hsqintec.sk/vykres/h-550-xp-autotune.pdf

Unlikely to have worn, possibly the choke lever isn't pulling the latch over quite far enough to engage or it is full of crud - difficult to tell without seeing it.

I found that if someone used to using stihl saws or just not familiar with the new husky switches would always try to force the switch down to try and switch it on. This results in the plastic catch that spud mentioned being moved slightly and needing a slight re-adjustment.

I found that if someone used to using stihl saws or just not familiar with the new husky switches would always try to force the switch down to try and switch it on. This results in the plastic catch that spud mentioned being moved slightly and needing a slight re-adjustment.

Cheers. I'm the second owner of the saw. So will assume the previous feller had fatter thumb than mine. Will have a look inside again in daylight.

Thanks again [emoji106] [emoji106]

There is a plastic catch on the end of the choke valve rod and this catches on a plastic cam on the end of the throttle valve rod.

Page "N" and numbers 5 & 13 are the latching mechanism - http://www.hsqintec.sk/vykres/h-550-xp-autotune.pdf

Unlikely to have worn, possibly the choke lever isn't pulling the latch over quite far enough to engage or it is full of crud - difficult to tell without seeing it.

Cheers for the info Mr spud. Have got the wee plastic things on order. The was wear on the engaging faces.. Rounded as opposed to nice and sharp like on a new one I looked at. Thanks again for the help.[emoji106]