Stihl BR600 Magnum

stonerfan

Im looking for a late used BR600 Magnum blower. Just wondering if anyone has compared these up against the Echo PB770 or Redmax 8500?

Reviews seem to say the 600 needs the valves adjusted every 100 hours but the Magnum version has updated valves and doesnt require such frequent maintenance.

I guess the Echo and Redmax are a simpler design at the end of the day but the Stihl looks light and quite.

What shall I go for fellas?

With the BR600 you need to use fully synthetic oil. The others are two stroke and dont require it. I bought the BR600 myself. It was that or the big Shindawa. The Redman is better suited to shorter people I was advised, and I'm not fond of Echo quality as well as it was the least powerful. Professionals use all of them.around here in equal proportions. I suspect who gives them the best price and service is what they buy. I like the quieter idle of the Stihl and the cleanliness ofnthe machine. I have a C4 Shindawia hand held and it acts up after a while and has since new. Stihl's are usually great quality right out of the box.

Have you considered the husky blowers? Iv just got the largest model and although it looks big compared to it my mates br600 is a hamster sneeze. Extremely low vibes and not too noisy but at 70odd cc not a passing wasp. Had it on my back for over half an hour walking round a graveyard doing a final tidy up after a weeks work and was so comfortable and excellent at hiding stuff under hedges.;)

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.