Ebay time waster, how much to claim in court

ukminch

End of the day mate there is loads of timewasters where ever you are, whether its on here or everyday life. ebay is full of people who are well prepared to hit the buy it now button but not have the funds or change their mind. unfortunatly you will never stop it mate i know from experience what its like.

nice bike by the way, those old school zxr are cool

I realise that it's full of timewasters and I do firmly believe the only way it will stop is if people do pursue matters further (thorugh the courts in this instance) for wasting time. I have the buyers contact details and I was planning to send them a registered delivery letter before action on Monday. I was planning on claiming £200 for my fees effort and wasted time. I realise the chances of getting anything are slim but it'll make me feel better if I do pursue it.

It is a cool bike, cheap and cheerful but puts a smile on my face everytime it gets ridden!! Much more fun than the 12 that I had to sell to pay the vat bill a couple of years ago. Quite heavy on the front end, and a different ride to more modern bikes.

Its annoying as I'd finally decided to sell it and now it needs MOTing etc it all becomes a faff for a bike thats sat round not doing a lot. Could always just keep it for a track bike......

R

Yep going down that route, but the trouble is he won't care about ebay telling him off. Surprising how people suddenly care when they receive a letter from the county court. If people knew they were going to be pursued then it might make them think twice.

I'll keep you informed........

R

HI I have been doing ebay for ages never had this problem up till 3 weeks ago . I sold a few T shirts and all the buyers paid no problmes apart for one . It was only for 1 pound but still they won the bid and have not paid . I have contacted them twice and nothing yet back .

I looked back at there feedback and I can see they have been bying and selling since so the next stage is to raise it with ebay . they should start there procedures for non payers after 3 weeks has gone by from the time of sale .

The buyer i belive has up to 3 weeks to make a payment for the item .

definatly contact ebay and get them to persue it for you .

Good luck

Eastwater.