Sub contracting for company owners.

adbat234

Guys i spent a lot of money on gear ,car, chipper etc... . And i know you all did once but i have to make a start somewhere and one thread allready states they had no insurance when they first started. Im not working to make ends meet i just have ambition and if i could get insurance for less than £10 a week my job quotes would be very similar to what they are now taking working costs into account. I have given many jobs up and told the customer they have had a great quote( From reputable companies and work i could have easily done) as i felt i could not better the price. Whats so wrong with what i do?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for withdrawing the up myself comment i never intended for aty conflict with my message but feel like i made a few enemies tonight without meaning to. Maybe being honest is not the best policy on here sometimes. Lying would have made my life easier but thats not me. Guys once again if i have offended but im struggling to see why. Whan you mentioned guys struggling to pay bills that is what my initial thread was about, Helping mates on hard times. Who could honestley say they would'nt do it. I just wanted to know if it was legal or not but its totally lost in translation now i think. Sorry once again guys, What i thought was a bit of banter seems to have escalated to a level i dont like to get involved in. Apologies.

Guys i spent a lot of money on gear ,car, chipper etc... . And i know you all did once but i have to make a start somewhere and one thread allready states they had no insurance when they first started. Im not working to make ends meet i just have ambition and if i could get insurance for less than £10 a week my job quotes would be very similar to what they are now taking working costs into account. I have given many jobs up and told the customer they have had a great quote( From reputable companies and work i could have easily done) as i felt i could not better the price. Whats so wrong with what i do?

Maybe buying the chipper before the insurance??? Your not gona get any sympathy here in fact we'll need Mr Ed to sort you out a big excavator if you want to dig any deeper............

Like I've said in other threads a lot of bigger companies take bigger risks with finance, you chose to do it with insurance, up to you. But why ask a question when you know that your not covered whatever happens?

As for the £10 a week, well that's just not what it costs which is why we charge lots of pennies to do the work we do.

R

However my posts come across you've not made an enemy with me. I do things my way you do them yours.

Just as a thought, would it help your mate if he was injured on 'your job' Like I said before if I was in your situation I would do the job yourself and not involve anybody else.

By giving them work legally you are breaking the law, but I break the law everytime I use the motorway. My choice, your choice.

R

Im not looking for sympathy, I asked the question to gain knowledge of the legal footing i am on. My running costs are no cheaper except for insurance??????. And if i am legally required to have it to sub contract i wont do it. You seem to be answering questions i never asked. I wanted input and got bitterness for some reason.