LA Railways ect

samarb

Hi Guys and Gals, I'm looking to get a few contracts in LA and Railways to keep team going in increasingly hard times. I'm not really in the know on how to aquire them or even how to find what tenders are available, any help will be greatfully recieved. Thanks SSTS. Ps based in W.Somerset

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way on the railway is if a large company sponsors you due to the amount of health and safty bolloks.

Then you must piss in a cup and pass a medical befor you can even try and get your PTS ticket.

And with all the cut backs in Network Rail and redundencies lots of contractors are being laidoff they are only keeping the best in there areas,

Think i have told you this befor but try Robert Mullis (Bob) he is based in W.Somerset and as far as im aware has all that area rapped up fairly well all the way from Taunton to Paington and dont forget the WS steam line.

If he has no work for you he will know the best way in to it may be.

Hi Guys and Gals, I'm looking to get a few contracts in LA and Railways to keep team going in increasingly hard times. I'm not really in the know on how to aquire them or even how to find what tenders are available, any help will be greatfully recieved. Thanks SSTS. Ps based in W.Somerset

By the way whats LA stand for?

Local Authority (council) already got pts on staff so not a problem and all h&S and all other tickets and insurance (thats what made me think of it).Will speak to bob but if he has got it raped up then no point stepping on his boots we tend to run seperate businesses so no need to run into each other profesionally.

Having staff with PTS is a good start but you will need a COSS and then you will need railway specific insurance to cover you to to work on network rail property (track side) And your Health and safety will have to be tiptop just to get sponsored. Sorry if i sound negative.

Who is upm tilhill? the biggest harvesting/forestry company in the UK!!! They do nealy all the deveg in the most of the country. Sadly if you are thinking of going direct for Network rail this is who your up against.

Who is upm tilhill? the biggest harvesting/forestry company in the UK!!! They do nealy all the deveg in the most of the country. Sadly if you are thinking of going direct for Network rail this is who your up against.

Not necessarily the biggest.... fountains are probably similar in size, if not slightly bigger now they've linked up with Connaught.

fountains also do just as much work for Network Rail... so you might wanna drop both them and Tilhill a line, and see about getting on their subby lists.

I have worked on the rail for Martins and Fountains and the cost of all the rules regs and health and safety must be horrendous from what ive seen. The sheer volume of paperwork that has to be spot on or you CANNOT go on site is mind boggling. I never did understand how any of the companies made any money in such a complex operation. Utility arb is another area if you havnt been there allready. I have also done this and the bollocks is much much less that goes with it. Good luck.

havent got coss, maybe in time, have all relevent insurane and h&S in place though yes it does seem very chalenging for all the effort and if it turns out o be something i dont like or not profitable have wasted alot of money. How did Bob get into it HC&TF did he go through tillhill? I should prehaps expanding my search for UA is anyone can help as I have rever really looked to much into heavy comercial work as never needed to. Thanks SSTS