372XP on .063?

Arbtech Tree Services

My 372 runs 18" and 24" i have found the husky bars last longer then the oregon ones don't know if this will assist you, i have also started using oregon blue tip chains don't know there real name..

Provided they are solid bodied RSN bars, 18 and 24" Husky bars that fit the 372 usually are rebranded Oregon bars (Power Match Plus), but some have been rebranded GB bars as well.

The "blue tip" Oregon chains are the newest (current) generation of Oregon chain, usually designated by an "X" in the model designation. They have been around for quite a few years.

Thanks SawTroll, a mine of information as ever.

Got the micrometer out today as I realised that I had an unused 73LPX kicking about.

So, 73LPX (3/8 .058) and 75LPX (3/8 .063) differ only in drive link thickness. The tie straps and cutters are identical. Therefore the amount of wood being cut is a channel .005" wider moving up to the thicker gauge.

So one sharpen and difference gone.

Don't think i'll beat myself up on this one - Husky will be sporting a new Sugi bar in Stihl format (with +1mm drilled out adjuster holes) and run on 75LPX off the same reel as the Stihls.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Regards,

Steve.

Makes sense to me. :001_smile:

Oregon make a Powermatch bar ( 203RNDD009 ) that is .063 gauge and will fit a 372xp without using spacers.

They do indeed, I have the 24" (243RNDD009) but would rather run a Sugi as I find them far superior.

Yes, they do exist, but D009 bars in .063 can be a challenge to find, they aren't in stock "everywhere".

Had to order the above from the USA through Amazon.

Regards,

Steve.

They do indeed, I have the 24" (243RNDD009) but would rather run a Sugi as I find them far superior.

Steve.

You can always use a Sugihara 84dl Stihl 3003/D025 bar in .063 on that saw (Product code: ST2U-3Q63-A at Chainsawbars.UK), with a suitable adaptor.

Edited by SawTroll