Echo or stihl

Holly tree

I have got a shop about 10 miles away but he wants £660 instead of £584 that's my yearly per of boots.

Just buy it online cheaper.

As a Echo Dealer your warranty can be still honored by your local dealer surely?

Give them the option off price match or you will buy online.

As your local Echo dealership you should have not problems with warranty.

My local dealer was asking way over the score & got him down to £560 .

He said he wouldn't be making much profit in the sale but admitted he was not losing out.

Right can only get a echo local for £650 or a 362 with heated handle for £650 it's time to makeu mind up. So the stihl has les grunt than the echo but that's not going to make me cut 2 ton a day more so it comes down to reliability & price?

I'm going to stick to my local dealer as I've built a good relationship

I'm going to stick to my local dealer as I've built a good relationship

That means Stihl only then doesn't it?!

The Echo will be more reliable but I wouldn't pay more than what you know it can be had for elsewhere. Sounds like either way you're being milked.

IME I have never found it worth paying more for a "relationship" with a dealer. I can do anything to a saw a dealer can except plug it into a laptop and I won't be owning one of those saws so that rules that out anyway. I've sent one saw away only when I was too busy and didn't have the inclination to pull it apart.

036 went to Spud with a crankcase air leak from memory.

That means Stihl only then doesn't it?!

The Echo will be more reliable but I wouldn't pay more than what you know it can be had for elsewhere. Sounds like either way you're being milked.

IME I have never found it worth paying more for a "relationship" with a dealer. I can do anything to a saw a dealer can except plug it into a laptop and I won't be owning one of those saws so that rules that out anyway. I've sent one saw away only when I was too busy and didn't have the inclination to pull it apart.

036 went to Spud with a crankcase air leak from memory.

You are right up until the 560 I did all my own repairs not that I ever had many.

I do prefer the idea of the 620sx and saving a few ££s online is always good.

£170 saving is half an acre of standing timber I should stop thinking about it and go for the obvious more money in my pocket and reliability.