Porta Winch PCW3000 rope to be used with it

tomcorke

Hello

I have a Portawinch PCW3000 and am currently using Teufeleburger 12mm sirius bull rope with it, this means you currently get 4 wraps around the capstan which is great as it equals more friction.

my problem is that it wears out very quickly and at £70 for 50m its kinda expensive

Does anyone else have any other alternative that might last longer or is cheaper, it would need to be around the 12mm range to get the 4 wraps?

Thanks in advance

Tom

We bought the 5000 series. Orion heating i think it was . the. Chap there was very helpful. They supplied us with a rope that has proved very durable. It has had a lot of use hauling trees , timber , brash up railway banks (a lot of ground contact at the crest of the bank) and has stood up very well for the abuse it has had. I'd also seriously consider the box they supply. Its great for storage , transport etc

After a lot of research and hunting round on the US forums where they use these a lot we settled on 12mm ALLIANCE Braid-on-Braid (double braid polyester ). Very tough stuff, very low stretch. It's the bright orange one.

I don't think the kernmatle ropes are well suited for use with it. The manual specifies braid on braid polyester IIRC.

After a lot of research and hunting round on the US forums where they use these a lot we settled on 12mm ALLIANCE Braid-on-Braid (double braid polyester ). Very tough stuff, very low stretch. It's the bright orange one.

I don't think the kernmatle ropes are well suited for use with it. The manual specifies braid on braid polyester IIRC.

Being lazy here. But where do you get that , price etc. Does it hold up well to ground friction soil and stone ?