New on forum and question on stihl 090

Rik Blaauw

Thanks for that Alec, I was hoping that it was. I plan to use the saw so the more recent it is the better I suppose.

It doesn't matter too much (mine are the older type, going back to one which is very early) and are still used. The only advantage is that a few parts are not available for the earlier models (for example, the throttle cable for the original AV models) but everything is still available for the later one. I think the only real difference is that if you had an absolutely perfect condition, very early saw it would always be tempting to not 'spoil it' with use, whereas a standard later one does not have that same dilemma.

Alec

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ tom,

I don't think this is the bar chain combo you are looking for is it?

here's a pic of the bar number

3002 000 8076

I'm not too sure what kind of chain is on it at the moment. I don't think it's a 1/2 inch after all. I couldn't find it anywhere on the chain. If it does turn out to be a 1/2 inch chain I will contact you.

kind regards

Rik

Hello again Rik,

Congratulations on a successful deal, sure is an interesting one. That bar and chain are indeed a bit "too new" for my collecting preferences. I think those are actually the current part numbers. As the others already mentioned, this is the latest 090 model. I don't think it will take much to have it running. The chain is 404, it can be seen on one of the links (upside down) in your picture. In your case that is a good thing since you will not have to change the sprocket.

In case you still want to contact me, my email can be found under my profile details or I can can send you my cell number if you prefer. In any case, have fun with that monster :001_smile:

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Great find, mine is a powerhouse.

Had a warped bar when i got it with some major scoring, getting work done on mine to bring it back to life.

You'll be happy with the power for a mill, I used my 090G on my Alaskan mill a few months ago and man did it pull nicely.