Riko WP36 chain lube problem

timberonabike

Wp36 is one of the best machines in it's class simple robust design mine had some serious stick and only ever broke a hose. If you hit a piece of metal it's off to the shop for a regrind if he hits one it's a ten min job to replace athe cost of a tenner :001_smile:

Where are you getting your wood from with metal in ,would reuse to pay for it and tell them to come and pick it up and take it away.

My palax with tungsten blade regulary cuts 1000 cubic metres hardwood on 1 blade then off to shop ,sharp and set cost £20 + vat I make that about 2p a cube still on the same blade for 6 years.No oil for lube no chains or files or bars and spr ockets.Cuts up to 40cm and less sawdust,this must be consideration if good hardwood is £50 ish a tonne.

Glad you like your machine and I would like to see one being used in a proper operation not just on 2 minute demos on straight softwood at shows.

Cheers Chris.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you getting your wood from with metal in ,would reuse to pay for it and tell them to come and pick it up and take it away.

My palax with tungsten blade regulary cuts 1000 cubic metres hardwood on 1 blade then off to shop ,sharp and set cost £20 + vat I make that about 2p a cube still on the same blade for 6 years.No oil for lube no chains or files or bars and spr ockets.Cuts up to 40cm and less sawdust,this must be consideration if good hardwood is £50 ish a tonne.

Glad you like your machine and I would like to see one being used in a proper operation not just on 2 minute demos on straight softwood at shows.

Cheers Chris.

Um a nail from sign for forestry operations I can hear the conversation now come get that 100 tonne you dropped in the yard because it's got a nail in don't worry about the haulage I'll cop for that ohh and the money I put in your account I want it back please. I can hear his answer now:laugh1:

Cheers Chris.

So you did 5000 cube with out a log deck?

So you did 5000 cube with out a log deck?

Yes started in 1995in sussex regularly did 1400 to 1500 cubic metre loads every year with palax 600 and 600tsve all 3m hardwood pulp hand balled everything through these processors anything oversize was split with binderberger gigant 30t .Moved to Wales in 2005 and started all over again moved up to the palax 100s but getting on in years now so bought my first log deck this time last year.

Here in Pembrokeshire there is a lt less population and more widely spread out.

Hence only about 1000 cube now.

Cheers Chris

Um a nail from sign for forestry operations I can hear the conversation now come get that 100 tonne you dropped in the yard because it's got a nail in don't worry about the haulage I'll cop for that ohh and the money I put in your account I want it back please. I can hear his answer now:laugh1:

Sorry I thought you meant metal as in bits of old railings that trees have grown through.The tct blades will go straight through the odd little nail and not need sharpening let alone knock a tip off.I buy all my timber from FC in large lots as I want well grown and harvested timber .Thats why I am not interested in arb waste.

Cheers Chris.