HL 100 gearbox

karl1991

All parts are available from your stihl dealer. However the upper pinion is a real bitch to change. I done it once and another gear went a week later. Take my advice don't bother just buy a new complete gearbox.

That's what it's looking like. All pinions are seized and have stripped teeth. The one that engages with the cog to turn blades has disintegrated! Not looking easy to fit!

Will ring a few places tomorrow.

Thanks

That's what it's looking like. All pinions are seized and have stripped teeth. The one that engages with the cog to turn blades has disintegrated! Not looking easy to fit!

Will ring a few places tomorrow.

Thanks

the gear pinions are expensive to buy make sense to buy the whole gearhead and blades

if you do change them their not that hard to do you just need to gently heat the case to get them out and the reverse to get them in

Buy a whole new head, the gears cost around £120 plus vat and are a nightmare to change, you need to heat up the casing to just about melting point to get them out.

I've all ways found heating them too much makes them a bitch to get out as the bearing expands as well

you only want to just heat up the casing

we had one were the bearing kept falling out when the gearhead got hot because i forgot to put the retaining screw back in