A few pics from the weekend

wisewood

I've done a few demos now but this was my first weekend booking at a big garden center.

I need to build up plenty of stock pieces but on the whole it went really well. Owls did well, no surprise there;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

1408310346550.jpg.5a103dcbd39dae11e67260b1113996e3.jpg

1408310328895.jpg.55e0cbd609d4d21231fd55a2bb60b59e.jpg

1408310313961.jpg.747d19cd8500066be26785fdb87c80e6.jpg

Nice 1 did you charge them for being there or just make some sales?

Also when you carve up some stock I think its best to say that you can re create the piece rather than sell it and then have to carve another. If you carve 10 pieces that take you a couple of weeks and then sell them. You've got to carve another 10 to have the same advertisement the next time you go.

It's probably what you realised anyway but thought I'd let you know as it was the mistake I made. I took lots of re-orders but once I let the stock go at the end of the day I had nothing for the next show and no time to carve more because of all the replica orders I'd promised to carve.

Hi there, yes it was a paid booking and I could sell also.

I know what you're saying but a lot of folk just want to pick out what they like and take there and then. Fitting in time to build up stock is an issue like you say but I'm looking at it as speed carve practice, the more I do the quicker and better I get :-)

Hi John,

You could have look through this forum for starters buddy. There's also carving post or is it carvers post? Look it up on Google.

If you do Facebook there's a few groups on there that would be useful, chainsaw carvers, power carvers to name a few.

Cheers,

Si

No worries, just have a go mate. Not sure on the APF yet, I'm on the reserve list but I may head down anyway. One of the best ways to learn is by watching them at these events, YouTube is pretty helpful too.