Highlands trip

Lancstree

if you got time head to oben via loch lomand then head for inverary there's a little restaurant in arrahcor that spelling mite be wrong but its at the side of loch long does great food. there's plenty to do and see on the route sensational veiws along the way :001_tt1:.

a group of us are going to climb ben nevis in july we're doing the same route to oben then heading for fort william.

aye was out last night got bitten to hell and am in the south west of scotland so one can only imagine the little blighters will be out in there swarms bitting the hell out of the tourists. good luck and enjoy your trip.:001_smile:

Lancs - depends what you want to do, everywhere is nice up here...

If I were you, from Oban I would travel up through glencoe and then out past fort william to for augustus on the A82 and then on to inverness and head north west again for Ullapool.

If you make it to Ullapool, I had a fantastic meal at the Seafourth, which is right opposite the harbour and where you get the ferry to Stornoway.

Failing all that, go up through glencoe, and through fort william, and out to Spean Bridge, take the back road up to Newtonmore and then on to Aviemore and have a stroll around at the top of the Cairngorms.. you could do that and then take some distillery tours at any number of local distilleries.

Theres a few good restaurants around here too... Andersons in Boat of Garten do fantastic food, as does the Cairngorm Hotel in Aviemore and Dalrachney Lodge in Carrbridge as well as Craggan Mill near Grantown-on-Spey.

If you get as far as Ullapool you should go to Applecross, it has a cracking pub, both times i've been to Applecross i've never made the pub.....don't know why. The Belach na Ba is the highest pass in the UK, some parts of it are a 1 in 5. cracking views from teh top. Plockton is a nice wee village too

Jamie

Did an emergency call out on the railway in Plockton, right allong where they filmed 'Hamish Macbeth' - There are stunning views across the loch to Applecross from Plockton and that whole area is a true beauty.

If you make it to Plockton, look out for the lichen growing on the birches..... while I was there I saw the biggest lichen growths i've ever seen, like something out of a cartoon.

By the way..... the midges are deffinatley biting now...its that time of year again.

I was out stalking last night, got eaten alive whilst gralloching a roe - the lumps that have come up today are huge.. this seasons midges obviousley mean business!

Avon Skin So Soft - take some with you to the west - you'll need it!