Generic Risk Assessments

DriveLink

I've just written a document full of generic risk assessments related to tree work - or rather tree work training, but I thought that the information may prove useful to others in writing their own risk assessments.

There's more information, and details on how to get it at http://drivelinktraining.co.uk/h-s.html

I'm making this information freely available - hope it's useful to you!

Thanks,

David.

I've just written a document full of generic risk assessments related to tree work - or rather tree work training, but I thought that the information may prove useful to others in writing their own risk assessments.

There's more information, and details on how to get it at http://drivelinktraining.co.uk/h-s.html

I'm making this information freely available - hope it's useful to you!

Thanks,

David.

Hi David,

I sent a request for the document on your site although I'm not sure it went through?

If I could have one sent through please that would be great!

[email protected]

Cheers!

Any 'risk assessment' help is always greatly received (sorry, I couldn't access the documents tho.)

The key thing here tho, as with any system you may adopt (inc. the AA system) is to ensure it is relevant to your operations and that you are satisfied the 'controls' are adequate.

Too often other people's systems are readily adopted but don't stand scrutiny for your particular business and hence may not stand the "suitable and sufficient" test that HSE, or your insurer, may apply in the event of an incident / accident.

Good stuff..:thumbup1:

Paul

Any 'risk assessment' help is always greatly received (sorry, I couldn't access the documents tho.)

The key thing here tho, as with any system you may adopt (inc. the AA system) is to ensure it is relevant to your operations and that you are satisfied the 'controls' are adequate.

Too often other people's systems are readily adopted but don't stand scrutiny for your particular business and hence may not stand the "suitable and sufficient" test that HSE, or your insurer, may apply in the event of an incident / accident.

Good stuff..:thumbup1:

Paul

I agree totally with you - I'm not putting these risk assessments up as a one-stop solution, but as a starting point for others. Indeed, I hope that I receive comments back on my documents so that they can be improved and then fed back into the industry.

Risk assessments definitely need to fit and cover the machine, operator(s), co-workers & 3rd parties, the site and the task to be undertaken. Some of these can be covered by generic risk assessments, but site risk assessments should also be undertaken.

Cheers,

Dave.