Just bought a 362c

Lumberwolf

Hey, I just started using the new auto tune 362 on Monday and was wondering what other folks thoughts are on the saw. I'm a commercial cutter mostly and I managed to get my 361 to last for 5 years. I was determined to get the most out of her lol and kept buying new bits and pieces for it. It was flat as a pancake in the end and started sucking air too. I was dubious about all the wiring on the auto tune and still am but what's other peoples experience like with it? Cheers. Sorry it was long winded too ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Arbtalk mobile app

Hey, I just started using the new auto tune 362 on Monday and was wondering what other folks thoughts are on the saw. I'm a commercial cutter mostly and I managed to get my 361 to last for 5 years. I was determined to get the most out of her lol and kept buying new bits and pieces for it. It was flat as a pancake in the end and started sucking air too. I was dubious about all the wiring on the auto tune and still am but what's other peoples experience like with it? Cheers. Sorry it was long winded too ;)

HI WOLF your 361 done very well mate what size bar did it run on your 361 and were you cutting hard wood thanks jon :thumbup:

Yeah it did extremely well. The other boys at work were replacing their 372s ever 18-20 months. I was just stubborn lol. Yeah I cut hardwoods and softwoods of all sizes. I only use a 16" bar on them. You can fell a big tree if you bore the face properly

Hi Lumber,

I have had a 362 since about Christmas. Bought it as it wasnt too big for a small bar, but also has a bit of go for a bigger bar.

I'm not a heavy user, it tends to get a few days flat out, then nothing for a week or so.

Its overall a good saw, dont really have any complaints. I use it with a 15" and 25" bar.

I use chisel chain 3/8 on the 15" and it cuts well, nice and fast, and also use tungsten chain on the 25" bar which it also handles surprisingly well (I know the bar is too big, but I dont want to run a second saw).

The chain brake handle broke on about the 2nd day of use, seems a bit weak to be honest.

Occasionally it will stall off idle if its been ticking over for a minute or so, but thats only rare.

Otherwise occasionally it runs a bit lumpy, but you give it a blast on full throttle with no load for a few seconds and it seems to clear itself (think it re-sets the carb).

Interested to know how you are finding it?

Thanks for getting back to me Jim. I use mines every day with a 16". I was cutting big grandis today and it coped fine. It's got plenty of power and torque. I still prefer my 361 tho. I preferred the throttle on that to the 362. There's something about it that makes it feel like a husky throttle :/ It's cut out a few times just after I've been revving it but that's my only problem with it. I'm much happier with it than I expected to be 👍

I also bought a 362 at christmas, currently running a 20" bar. Slightly annoyed i seem to have got the last one with the old choke system as everyone ive seen since has the single choke which i prefer. Generally happy but does cut out sometimes. As mentioned above give it some throttle and it seems to perk up.

I find the throttle response to be a bit delayed/flat too. It doesnt seem as sharp as the older saws, but it doesnt really matter.

Do you guys find that they dont use alot of bar oil even with the oiler turned up to full?

None of my stihls ever use much oil. My 361 only ever used half a tank at most per fill and this 362 uses about 3/4. I'm going to rebuild my 440 tonight with all the spare bits I have and do a muffler mod on it. Hopefully it works out ok.