Husqvarna 254xp best used ground saw for under £150?

wildflowerbill

Was that mine Spud? Still going great, its my go to saw, used it a lot. it really is awesome

Yup, thats the one, came in sounding a bit flat and when I fired it up for a few seconds in the workshop after porting - thought, My God, what the heck have I done - it jsut picked up like crazy:lol::thumbup:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I don't like about the older huskys is the chainbrake, pitiful I know but I prefere the double hinge type things :blushing: if you know what I mean....

mmmm thanks for the reminder, the last time I used someone else's Husky it broke, I'll try and be gentle...

Yup, thats the one, came in sounding a bit flat and when I fired it up for a few seconds in the workshop after porting - thought, My God, what the heck have I done - it jsut picked up like crazy:lol::thumbup:

...so Spud how many pennies do I have to save to get mine like that? Pm if need be. Shipping back and forth is not a problem I use hermes £10 each way.

• 2 weeks later...

Update then. What a great saw. Revs very nicely, starts easily. Tweaked up the oil pump a couple of notches, more bar and chain left than I thought especially now it isn't running dry, 15" Husky bar, which should do all my logging and a few trees until I buy a sugi hara and send it to spud for my birthday.

Had a warm start problem, blew on the fuel filter, it fired up then, and so popped in a new one, sorted and set up nicely now.

Bought from a guy in carmarthen south wales who services up old forestry commission saws, new piston, plugs, etc. Good deals. Sells them on gumtree.

Very happy with mine. You might need to make a few tweaks, but try finding better.

husqvarna 254 xp petrol chainsaw | Burry Port | Gumtree

Edited by wildflowerbill

You could of course use a longer bar on it, if you needed it.

I was originally thinking 18" bar and already had a newish 18 oregon pro lite and chain that unfortunately didn't fit, but I have been impressed with the 15" bar with this saw, seems a good balance. I think with an 18" it would bog the way the saw is at the moment. When I send it to spud though, then I might put an 18" sugihara on. Unless I get a 262xp next and stick a 20" on that :thumbup1:

I was originally thinking 18" bar and already had a newish 18 oregon pro lite and chain that unfortunately didn't fit, but I have been impressed with the 15" bar with this saw, seems a good balance. I think with an 18" it would bog the way the saw is at the moment. When I send it to spud though, then I might put an 18" sugihara on. Unless I get a 262xp next and stick a 20" on that :thumbup1:

Nothing wrong with that plan (or thought). I didn't mean that you should, just that you could! :001_smile:

Edited by SawTroll