stihl ht75 shaft probs

Charlieh

A person has to nearly disassemble the polesaw to get it back together .Things have to be in alignment,clamps properly tightened etc .

For reasons I can't explain it seems I can't post pictures at the moment .Otherwise I have pictures of a disassembled ST-75 .

• 8 years later...

sorry for igniting the embers of this old thread but got one of these on the bench.

shavt was slightly bent and the lad has put it in the vice and tried to straighten it.

i now have it on the bench and can not get it back together and im coverd in bloody silver grease. any help or a diagram would be ace. cheers

sean

• 4 years later...

Similar problem of HT-75 not being able to assemble properly (shaft assembly popped apart  after issue of severe bearing seizure of all bearings) - has anyone have a PDF file of workshop manual of HT-75?

The shaft assembly is prevented from being fully inserted into the clamp (3 screws) near the operating trigger handle. Roughly 2 inches of "silver tube" remains visible resulting in only about one quarter of an inch length of the tube is actually being clamped tight - so when powered up, this 1/4" of clamping interface falls apart. From various illustrations - no silver colored tube should be visible between the clamp (near the operating trigger) and the very long length of BLACK shaft covering.

All bearings (which seem to be of low quality - ball bearings rusted) were brought back to life using a small amount of WD-40 spray and gentle working by hand to regain free spinning of bearings (about 5 minutes work per seized bearing).