Husqvarna K750 disc saw

ally

OK not a chainsaw but wondered if anyone here had experience with this machine if that`s allowed ? .

I`ve just bought a 2011 second hand one of these . It`s done plenty of work but sold as mechanically sound with 90 day warranty . Got it started OK but it`s very slow to pick up speed , to build up momentum so to speak . Once it`s up to speed it goes well and I got some work done with it on concrete yesterday but if I let the revs drop once it`s spinning fast it seems to lose momentum and often cuts out . It got fresh fuel mix , same as the chainsaws get , with stihl HP super 50:1 .

I blamed the belt being slack and have tightened it but no difference , the air filter looks new , I cant get the spark plug out as it`s so tightly screwed in and dont want to use too much leverage as might do damage if I`m sending it back . I`d say compression was a good bit less than my 365 for example , sometimes the pull cord doesn`t retract properly and I`ve to pull it back and forward gently to get it wound back in but maybe this is normal as I`ve never used this type of saw before .

Anyone know why it`s so slow to pick up and should I be thinking about sending it back ? .

The cut off saws are generally good.

I had two in the workshop a short while ago, made a good one from them both. One the handle had broken.

The pickup was fine, as with all cutters they do take a few seconds to get going on the disc. But will die down ok and return to tick over without a problem.

First see if it will tick over with the screw in. If it doesn't send it back. But you will probably send it back anyway.

Thanks for the replies .

Rich , do you mean start the saw then screw the T screw right in while ticking over ?

I think I`ll try to get the plug out again , it`s from a company in the Welsh borders so can`t really take it in to them . I don`t mind it being scruffy but worried the engine might not be right . If it`s four-stroking would that stop it ticking over after running at high revs ? . It`s a pain having to continually start it between cuts .

Cheers

no adjust the screw in before starting but be aware that the blade will spin. then bring the screw out until the disc has stopped, bearing in mind that the disc will take a while to stop spinning. if the disc doesnt stop spinning befrore the screw is all the way out then hold it against some concrete and see if the disc stops. if it tries to run away then there may be a clutch issue where the disc wont stop spinning.