EFCO chainsaws advice please

TWR Garden Services

Hello all this is my first thread on the forum ive been on here for two weeks keeping my head down to get the gist of how it works on here. im not new to the tree world but new to the forum,

im planning on running with all efco saws seems ive started my new business, would just like some opinions from you guys on this idea. i know sthil and husky are very nice saws to use i used to borrow my mates but ive decided to get my own and im on abit of a budget really. so far ive got a 131 top handle and a 136 for small work. i know im going to need a few others what would you recommend please?

i was thinking 147 156 and a 165 possibly, im open to all advice its much appreciated

cheers guys

156 is ace. Old skool, like a husky 254xp. Screams.

165 is the same saw with more grunt but lower revs.

Both better built than current Stihl or Husky IMO but heavier for it.

I don't think anything smaller than those are built to 'pro' specs so daft to compare.

152 etc are plasticy consumery saws albeit well regarded ones.

I don't think anything smaller than those are built to 'pro' specs so daft to compare.

More like old school dinners.:thumbdown:

Someone who knows what they're talking about, not just assuming they're all rubbish. :thumbup1:

156 is an absolute cracker but old skool.

Someone who knows what they're talking about, not just assuming they're all rubbish. :thumbup1:

156 is an absolute cracker but old skool.

The 162 used to be the single really interesting Efco (the 156 is the same saw with a smaller engine) - but it has been replaced by the rather pathetic 165 (thank the EPA etc for that).

The 162 and 156 generally have a good reputation, but there has been complaints about the AV and fit/finish.