Panorama health and safety

Lancstree

Was quite interesting, in that it stressed that H&S regs are not generally being used for what they were originally intended for. A lot of organisations now have a H&S policy that minimises the risk of being sued, rather than having a policy that allows for a REASONABLE approach to hazard management. A.L.A.R.P.: a poor acronym, but a great principle to work towards.

Anyone here filled out their working at heights ladder erection R/A EVERY time they use one??? Seriously...:confused1:

Got to say never have, maybe I should have you got link to template I can use?

Are all you staff trained and certified in the fine art of ladder use? Argh!!! H&S gawn mad. Can you imagine it if you had to keep the paper records for EVERY time a ladder was used for the required three months? LOLOR records are bad enough.

A robust generic and site specific R/A should suffice, otherwise you would literally spend so much time filling in the paperwork you wouldn't actually get out the cab. Or perhaps that's the ploy? Keep you so busy you don't get a chance to get near the nasty sharp things? :001_rolleyes:

Have to say I'm the only one who uses the ladder (sorry no tickets), my lead climber refuses to use them. I will start keeping records you know insurance companies will ask for everything if i ever need to use them (fingers crossed). I think it's comon sense if I think it's unsafe I wont even atempt it but thats h&s for you.

Thanks for that, make some good reading. 46 fatal? wondered how many were arbs? scafolders maybe but what other profesionals who work at heights make sure they are tied (usualy) at two points to a stationary object (tree i our case) to prevent a fall or injury.