011 av Stihl

Josh187

Hi all got myself an old 011 av Stihl cleaned it all out adjusted the carb screws so it runs starts idles revs on pick up running really sweet now.....

However it seems to use an awful lot of bar chain oil i mean it is oozing out all over the chain, I have a feeling that this may be a throw back issue because when the STIHL 011av was in production the oil was much much thicker so I imagine the oil was much harder for it to pump through.

Anyone got any thoughts on how I could reduce the amount of lubricant coming through onto the bar as what I have at the moment seems grossly excessive or should i just leave it? Is there a simple adjuster screw anywhere on it that I am missing?

Hi all got myself an old 011 av Stihl cleaned it all out adjusted the carb screws so it runs starts idles revs on pick up running really sweet now.....

However it seems to use an awful lot of bar chain oil i mean it is oozing out all over the chain, I have a feeling that this may be a throw back issue because when the STIHL 011av was in production the oil was much much thicker so I imagine the oil was much harder for it to pump through.

Anyone got any thoughts on how I could reduce the amount of lubricant coming through onto the bar as what I have at the moment seems grossly excessive or should i just leave it? Is there a simple adjuster screw anywhere on it that I am missing?

The oil pump is situated under the small round cover just under the bar mount - on this saw, it pumps all the time and on revving the saw after idling, it can kick out a fair bit of oil and doesn't have an adjuster.

Simplest way of reducing flow is to stick a small piece of smaller diameter tube in the oil outlet hole where it feeds the bar.

Other than that, you could modify the pickup filter to reduce flow but not really worth it!

• 1 month later...