OTTISS. A new approach to surveying

sean

Anybody familiar with this?

http://www.otiss.co.uk/wp/consultants/bs5837-surveys/

I have been looking at 5837 surveying software for a few weeks and have had some good advice both from the forum and elsewhere. Having spoken to James England it seems that because our company is totally reliant on Apple (mac book, ipads and phones) this is proving problematic in finding suitable software.

The surveying side of company is in its early stages and surveys are sporadic. The OTTISS system therefore looks to be a possible solution to our needs right now.

Hopefully there will be others on here who are willing to share their thoughts and/or their experience with this system.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by sean
Wrong web address

Android tablets are cheap enough, but I still wouldn't go for it. I had a good look, checked out the finer points of their pricing structure, limitations of software, and decided against it. It seemed to me a good way of being stuck paying more as you do more/bigger sites and then being tied to them and wanting to move on to more established and seemingly expensive software. Best bet in my eyes is use one of the many people offering a cad drawing service, it eats profit off a job. But if you are just getting a few jobs and hoping to grow then there's little initial outlay and you can save and get something tried and tested when the time comes. Just my 2p anyway!

Phil Beech on this forum has had some experience with this. I had a look at it a while ago and felt it might become a bit costly though licencing. I understand it's had some revamps recently.

Like anything, getting a demo and trying it out would make sense. Bear in mind that you'd still need autocad or some equivalent to create maps/plans with the data coming out the other end.

• 3 weeks later...
Anybody familiar with this?

BS5837 Surveys | OTISSOTISS

I have been looking at 5837 surveying software for a few weeks and have had some good advice both from the forum and elsewhere. Having spoken to James England it seems that because our company is totally reliant on Apple (mac book, ipads and phones) this is proving problematic in finding suitable software.

The surveying side of company is in its early stages and surveys are sporadic. The OTTISS system therefore looks to be a possible solution to our needs right now.

Hopefully there will be others on here who are willing to share their thoughts and/or their experience with this system.

Many thanks in advance.

Contact me if you would like to trial an iPad application I am getting together. [email protected]

Thanks