Help locating a south east contractor who hires forestry tiller/ mulcher.

Hi All. Does anybody know of a contractor who owns a heavy duty forestry tiller and mulcher. My job is near Arundel west sussex - I need to prepare some stumpy woodland ground for turfing.

The machine must have the ability to work underground and condition the topsoil - something along the lines of seppi multiforst soil tiller or the fae forestry tiller and soil stabiliser.

Many thanks for your help.

that was supposed to say ready for grass seeding - not turfing.

I'm not sure if it would be suitable for grass seeding afterwards? Mulchers tend to leave quite big lumps even when set to run in the soil. They don't so much condition the soil as mix the mulchings with it. It'll still be a very rough finish. Maybe with a big roller over it afterwards though?

Hi there, thankyou I agree. really looking for a forrestry tiller - these have roller on back that direct the mulcher below ground and leave a better finish than a standard mulcher

A roller will do the opposite of direct it below ground surely?

When I had mine, you changed the skids over to work below ground. All I'm saying is that it wasn't a finish you'd be proud of, even if the grass could take with the large amounts of wood mulch incorporated.

What's the finished spec supposed to be like?

Its got to be a fair finish. A bit of surface brash can be tracked in.... Have a look at the forestry tillers on you tube they look like they achieve a better finish than a standard mulcher. Or i hope they do !

You tube :seppi multiforst soil tiller or fae forestry tiller.

I am hoping to locate someone who has a forestry tiller.