Spiderjack 2.1 /zigzag

dexta

If you had trouble with a sj DdRT, the uni will mean you need to carry spare underwear.:biggrin: Both can be got used to, but the uni is far less intuitive than the sj IMO.

Having said that, I love mine and wouldn't replace it with anything else:thumbup:

I remember watching the videos of it when it was still the Thompson unicender and all silver, thinking it looked brilliant.

The pull down to go principle appears far more hitch like to me than the tilt & thumb operation of the SJ.

I'm yet to try one but everything I've seen suggests to me that it's mustard!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had trouble with a sj DdRT, the uni will mean you need to carry spare underwear.:biggrin: Both can be got used to, but the uni is far less intuitive than the sj IMO.

Having said that, I love mine and wouldn't replace it with anything else:thumbup:

How much are they dan,and can you get them in the uk?

...had a go on a uni and as dan said.youll spend a lot more on underwear.....leathal things...

Hahaha! The Uni is not for everyone but they are great tools. I have not tried it yet but this add-on (see link) should tame things down for SRT use.

Barrel attachment

Although it has not been discussed don't overlook the Hitch Hiker. It is easy to use and can do anything you may need it to and it costs a lot less.

I had a little go on your spiderjack when you had a reccy climb a while back, it felt very responsive but very touchy .like people are saying takes some getting used to. I think the way forward is to have a reccy climb soon with a chance to try all the different devices so people looking for something new can have a real play before you pay. It would be nice if a retailer who sells the different devices could organise something so we can have a try. It's a great shame about the zz it felt so safe climbing on

Where aboust in Suffolk are you dexta? I'm also In Suffolk and would also really like to go on a Reccy. I have also looked at the SJ as a replacement but I would like to try it first.

Jake

My spider jack arrived yesterday took in straight to work on a poplar dismantle, it's the bee's knees, self tending is ace, descending at silly speeds is ace, you can climb one handed which is handy of your Just nipping out to tip tie something! I found it pretty simple to get to grips with just don't think about it and its just like a hitch climber!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

My spider jack arrived yesterday took in straight to work on a poplar dismantle, it's the bee's knees, self tending is ace, descending at silly speeds is ace, you can climb one handed which is handy of your Just nipping out to tip tie something! I found it pretty simple to get to grips with just don't think about it and its just like a hitch climber!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Are you climbing ddrt or srt .it's sounding very tempting ,did you get the dynema 2.1. ?