Just when you think you're at the top of your game...

Steve Bullman

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only just got round to watcing that video, and i have to say it is one of the most amazing things i have seen. I watched it twice then closed my mouth and stopped dribbling!!

Absolute respect to that crew, and esp Graeme the climber.

Blimey.

Same here, I also ended up reading most of the following thread and the various links. It's interesting to read his thoughts and approach to the work - balancing the risks, with avoiding 'collateral' damage to the environment.

have you ever seen some of his earlier stuff, i found one ages ago i can only presume it was this guy. he knocked a monster head out a huge gum tree, as he knocked the chain break on he untied his flip line, jumped back and dropped about 15 feet and was caught with his main line. it was nuts, but truely awesome to watch.

It really is inspirational stuff. I have been planning a reccy climb with a mate of a sitka he reckons is about 150' tall, and he reckons the first branch is too high to get a throwline into without a big shot(if that what they're called), and am very nervous to tell the truth, although excited too. Dont even know how far i will get before i bottle it............so to see Graeme that high up a tree that is ratchet-strapped together, looking as cool as if he was on a climbing frame with his kid at the local park, whilst chogging down that knackered tree is just awesome.

you will love the geckos mate, now get saving for the sequioa harness aswell.

Nah- climbed in one last week- lovely to have a herness you cant feel, but it was no where near supportive enough for me- i had to be sooooo careful. Luckily i was just installing a line for the winch at the top of a beech, but i twisted slightly and nearly went into spasm. The weaver is big and cumbersome in comparison, but i can do pretty much what i like in it without fear of repurcussions.:001_smile:

plus its made of leather..(dirty snigger.......uh uh uh.):biggrin: