Cutting down dogging spikes - is possible?

Rhob the Log

Anyone know where I could go to get dogging spikes trimmed down? Got a replacement spike through mister solutions for my 088 (a 2nd one, came with one) that's a helluva lot larger than the existing spike. Wasn't happy at night thinking of the lack of chain catcher, basically. Seems there's various standards on the parts list, one's probably north american. Anyhow, are they hardened in any way? Could I just take it to a farmer or am I looking at steel/SS quality cut? Just thinking of the extra length on the Alaskan :biggrin:

Either purchase another one and fit a bolt through chain catcher or drill a new hole in the new one so a catcher can be fabricated/fitted.

They are made of mild steel - no hardening there!

Ta, Spud. Chain catcher's a bolt through and holes are aligned, so will leave it on & cut the one down, all squiggly no doubt!

As for taking the dogs off, gotta have something to pass the time when milling - Oooo! Rotating chain catcher.....prreeetty.. :D