Which tree mapping software?

chrisgilltreesurgery

Hello mate

We use Pear Technology software, called Treeminder, which is the tree management software. The mapping part is called PT Mapper, a good basic CAD package, both produce a professional looking survey schedule.

Runs off a handheld GIS device made by Trimble. Only negative IMO is the GPS positioning can be a little off at times, OK if something to orientate off like a building or feature, but a bit frustrating on open ground.

Total cost around £3500 with software, Trimble and training, plus annual licence.

Be interested to see what others use.

Cheers

Hi Beezy,

Can you tell me a bit more about the PT Mapper program? I see on their website it says it can handle CAD DXF files - does it export as DXF files too?

Also, what is the Treeminder bit for? If you collect the data in PocketGIS and then produce the maps in PT Mapper, what function does Treeminder have?

I currently use a CAD program where I work but am leaving that job soon so looking for a more affordable option!

Cheers,

Paul