questionnaire time !!!

jimbob100

hi there, this is a questionnaire that i i've made up for a college assingment and would be greatful if anyone would fill it in !

Questionnaire

1. How long have you been in the industry?

2. Do you have experience of using saws regularly?

3. Which do you find the best for the working industry, battery or fuelled chainsaws and please give reasons for each?

4. Do you use any other types of saw? If so please specify:

5. Have you ever used an electric saw? If so please state what you thought about:

a. Ease of use

b. Efficiency

c. Compared to petrol

d. Compared to battery

6. Do you need a ticket to operate a battery chainsaw like you do a fuelled saw, if so which ticket?

7. If you bought a battery chainsaw, would it be for garden maintenance or the commercial industry? Please state together with reasons.

8. Is the maintenance easier with any particular saw over another? Please also state reasons.

9. If you were making a recommendation to a commercial small business owner, what saw would you suggest they purchase and why?

10. If you were making a recommendation to a private individual (for use on the own premises) what recommendation would you make and why?

11. Any other comments:

Thank you for your time.

First off, try this, SurveyMonkey: Free online survey software & questionnaire tool

You have to pay for the full service (well worth it and not a lot of money, even for an impoverished student) but the free version is good for 100 responses.

It will give you a more useful set of answers, and people will be more inclined to respond....

Questionnaire

1. How long have you been in the industry? 8 years

2. Do you have experience of using saws regularly? Yes

3. Which do you find the best for the working industry, battery or fuelled chainsaws and please give reasons for each? Petrol fuelled. Reason - I have never seen or heard of a battery operated saw that I would consider using.

4. Do you use any other types of saw? No. If so please specify:

5. Have you ever used an electric saw? YesIf so please state what you thought about:

a. Ease of use - Very easy for cutting logs in a fixed location

b. Efficiency - I don't understand this question.

c. Compared to petrol - I don't understand this question - what aspect of using an electric saw are you comparing? It was quieter and light, but less powerful and limited by having a flex.

d. Compared to battery - never used one

6. Do you need a ticket to operate a battery chainsaw like you do a fuelled saw, if so which ticket? I don't know.

7. If you bought a battery chainsaw, would it be for garden maintenance or the commercial industry? Please state together with reasons. Possibly for garden work - I cannot imagine a battery chainsaw would be powerful or robust enough for commercial tree work.

8. Is the maintenance easier with any particular saw over another? Please also state reasons. I guess an electric saw has less mechanical parts that can break so may be easier to maintain.

9. If you were making a recommendation to a commercial small business owner, what saw would you suggest they purchase and why? Depends what they want to use the saw for. I would never recommend an electric or batter powered saw for a commercial business though.

10. If you were making a recommendation to a private individual (for use on the own premises) what recommendation would you make and why? I may recommend an electric saw to a homeowner for cutting small logs for a fire as it is quieter and easier to start.

11. Any other comments:

1. How long have you been in the industry?

since 1999 on and off

2. Do you have experience of using saws regularly?

yes

3. Which do you find the best for the working industry, battery or fuelled chainsaws and please give reasons for each?

petrol

4. Do you use any other types of saw? If so please specify:

silky! and occasionally a stihl mains electric one

5. Have you ever used an electric saw? If so please state what you thought about:

a. Ease of use

Once I worked out what buttons let it work, ok, disliked trigger interlock position on side of handle though

b. Efficiency

ver good actually

c. Compared to petrol

as good, in specific circumstances

d. Compared to battery

no experience

6. Do you need a ticket to operate a battery chainsaw like you do a fuelled saw, if so which ticket?

no idea

7. If you bought a battery chainsaw, would it be for garden maintenance or the commercial industry? Please state together with reasons.

wouldn't buy one in the foreseeable future. Doesn't suit my need

8. Is the maintenance easier with any particular saw over another? Please also state reasons.

not sure I understand the question, I guess it's easier on what you're used to...?

9. If you were making a recommendation to a commercial small business owner, what saw would you suggest they purchase and why?

petrol, because I don't have any meaningful experience of the alternatives

10. If you were making a recommendation to a private individual (for use on the own premises) what recommendation would you make and why?

mains corded saw has definite advantages if you're cutting logs in one place

11. Any other comments:

hi there, this is a questionnaire that i i've made up for a college assingment and would be greatful if anyone would fill it in !

Questionnaire

1. How long have you been in the industry? 15 years

2. Do you have experience of using saws regularly?yes

3. Which do you find the best for the working industry, battery or fuelled chainsaws and please give reasons for each?petrol, because its tried and true

4. Do you use any other types of saw? If so please specify:silky, sabre saw

a. Ease of useeasy

b. Efficiencygood for internal jobs, where fuems are an issue

c. Compared to petrolcheaper build, smaller capacity, better if you keep picking it up and putting it down, like in firewood

d. Compared to batterynot tried one

6. Do you need a ticket to operate a battery chainsaw like you do a fuelled saw, if so which ticket??????

7. If you bought a battery chainsaw, would it be for garden maintenance or the commercial industry? Please state together with reasons.for low noise use, it would have benefits, ie: school or hospital grounds

8. Is the maintenance easier with any particular saw over another? Please also state reasons.electric saws are cheaper in build quality, so more difficult to keep in one piece, and wear issues durring maint'

9. If you were making a recommendation to a commercial small business owner, what saw would you suggest they purchase and why? the one they need

10. If you were making a recommendation to a private individual (for use on the own premises) what recommendation would you make and why? something safe and reliable, depends on budget

11. Any other comments: chainsaws are dangerous, even lecky ones!

Thank you for your time.