How many flyers

ukminch

Due to the loss of quite a few big contracts I'm starting to advertise for the first time. I've had a flyer designed and I'm quite happy with it. Now I've had a mate get me a good price on printing. £120 for 500 A5 flyeres. But it's only an extra £12 for each additional flyer. I'd budgeted a bit more.

I'm having 5000 done for definite, but I'm tempted to spend a bit more.

Peoples thoughts?

Rob

Flyers are good as long as the people delivering them do a good job

I had 15000 deliveried last year I pay £35 per 1000 for delivery

Cost of Flyers is £60 for 5000 ( These are on 90Gramm paper A5 Black & White)

I got a good result from them last year

I get as much work from flyers as I do the adverts in my local press

A lot of people also keep my flyer for when they do need work doing

I find i get between 15 - 20 jobs per 1000 flyers in the right area

i find word of mouth & recomendation is the best form of advertising imo

It's something that I'm working on. This seems to be the quickest way of doing something productive. Plus they will also be distributed on sites I already do the grounds maintenance on, so they'll already know my work. They will merely provide contact details.

What advertising would you recommend?

Rob

I also use a local mag called Info Biz deliveried to 18000 homes each month

most areas have this type of thing just contains adverts for local business

also you can try Parish Magazines

My advertising is Quite low cost but it works for me

I mainly do domestic jobs

I am not saying it is the best but it keeps me in work

I think it all depends on your customer base and what you are offering

The Key thing with Flyers is not to make yours look like everybody elses, A5 on light weight paper looks like you have made them yourselves photocopying them in the caravan if you know what i mean.

Consider formating your flyer with a little more info into A4 DL. This an A4 sheet folded 3 times, i had 1000 done on 150GSM paper for £130.00 from yourlocalprinter.com and the response has been great because they stand out. Technically you have 6 sides to put say, your area covered, your services, your company history etc etc logs or whatever you want to push/sell.

Competition is fierce so stand out i say, also something i did recently was write to my local paper on the AA format of how to choose your tree surgeon. I wrote my own version including all the major points, ended up with a half page spread with a photo and 4 jobs out of it so far.

No death threats from any pikeys as yet!!!!!

The Key thing with Flyers is not to make yours look like everybody elses, A5 on light weight paper looks like you have made them yourselves photocopying them in the caravan if you know what i mean.

Consider formating your flyer with a little more info into A4 DL. This an A4 sheet folded 3 times, i had 1000 done on 150GSM paper for £130.00 from yourlocalprinter.com and the response has been great because they stand out. Technically you have 6 sides to put say, your area covered, your services, your company history etc etc logs or whatever you want to push/sell.

Competition is fierce so stand out i say, also something i did recently was write to my local paper on the AA format of how to choose your tree surgeon. I wrote my own version including all the major points, ended up with a half page spread with a photo and 4 jobs out of it so far.

No death threats from any pikeys as yet!!!!!

Same, same mate A4 folded 3 times printed them myself and put them out myself. Very good response back, as i was putting them out people were phoning for quotes.

Work comes to proactive people, :001_tongue: